“The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people. As you grow, your associates will change. Some of your friends will not want you to go on. They will want you to stay where they are. Friends that don’t help you climb will want you to crawl. Your friends will stretch your vision or choke your dream. Those that don’t increase you will eventually decrease you.”—Colin Powell (via mythoughtsnshit)
“Ladies, if you have to ask a man, “Where is this going?”, the answer is nowhere. You should know your place, and you should be the only female in that place. Men are naturally like hunters. Once they know what they want, they go for it, no holding back. There should be no second guessing, ifs or buts or maybes. If he wants you to be his girl, he’d ask you. If he wants you to be his wife, he’d propose. It’s that simple. You shouldn’t have to ask a man if he is YOUR man. And no lady likes a little boy with eyes for everyone. Respect yourself enough to walk away from someone who doesn’t know, isn’t quite sure or is still thinking about it, despite how much you may care about them. Men always go hard for what they truly want, so if he isn’t going hard for you, you are not what he wants.”—Knowing Your Place (via creamforeva)
Let it be. If he really did care about you, he would have brushed the other girl off, he would have realized what he was doing was wrong, he would’ve told her to back off & go find someone else, but instead, he allowed her to take him away from you. & you don’t want a guy like that, cause that ain’t a man, that’s just another horny little boy. See, real men are loyal. And loyal men don’t get stolen.
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up.
“I was told
The average girl begins to plan her wedding at the age of 7
She picks the colors and the cake first
By the age of 10
She knows time,
She’s already chosen a gown
And a maid of honor
She’s waiting for a man
Who wont break out in hives when he hears the word “commitment”
Someone who doesn’t smell like a Band-Aid drenched in lonely
Someone who isn’t a temporary solution to the empty side of the bed
Who’ll hold her hand like it’s the only one they’ve ever seen
To be honest
I don’t know what kind of tux I’ll be wearing
I have no clue what want my wedding will look like
But I imagine
The women who pins my last to hers
Will butterfly down the aisle
Like a 5 foot promise
Will be so large that you’ll see it on google maps
And know exactly where our wedding is being held
The woman that I plan to marry
Will have champagne in her walk
And I will get drunk on her footsteps
When the pastor asks
If I take this woman to be my wife
I will say yes before he finishes the sentence
I’ll apologize later for being impolite
But I will also explain him
That our first kiss happened 6 years ago
And I’ve been practicing my “Yes”
For past 2, 165 days
When people ask me about my wedding
I never really know what to say
But when they ask me about my future wife
I always tell them
Her eyes are the only Christmas lights that deserve to be seen all year long
She thinks too much
Misses her father
Loves to laugh
And she’s terrible at lying
Because her face never figured out how to do it correctly
I tell them
If my alarm clock sounded like her voice
My snooze button would collect dust
I tell them
If she came in a bottle
I would drink her until my vision is blurry and my friends take away my keys
If she was a book
I would memorize her table of contents
I would read her cover-to-cover
Hoping to find typos
Just so we can both have a few things to work on
Because aren’t we all unfinished?
Don’t we all need a little editing?
Aren’t we all waiting to be proofread by someone?
Aren’t we all praying they will tell us that we make sense
She don’t always make sense
But her imperfections are the things I love about her the most
I don’t know when I will be married
I don’t know where I will be married
But I do know this
Whenever I’m asked about my future wife
I always say
…She’s a lot like you”—Rudy francisco (via mythoughtsnshit)
“No matter how good things are, there will always be solitary nights you spend in your bedroom, in a car, or in a party full of your closest friends when it feels like the walls are caving in.”—Dan Campbell (via wordsthat-speak)
Men's magazine on eating right:STEAK PROTEIN EAT A WHOLE DANG COW EAT YOUR LOCAL BOOK CLUB FOR AN EXTRA ENERGY BOOST PROTEIN HOO HAH
Women's magazine on eating right:One piece of lettuce a day with a side of two slices of skinless apple (the skin has extra calories! YUCK!) Want to treat yourself? Indulge in a plate of rabbit food with yummy diet water sauce for an extra kick!
Being able to feel each other’s skin next to one another, knowing that tomorrow you’ll see them again. Being able to reach out to their hands - your fingers embracing theirs, is all so tangible and easy. It’s easy to grasp, easy to trust because you see it, you feel it and you know it’s all…
I miss everything. I miss you. I miss how messy I get when we eat together. I miss squeezing your hand when you hold mine. I miss tapping my fingers on your hand when we’re walking around. I miss how you hold my hand when you drive. I miss your backseat. I miss the passion. Oh my god what…
Me:Try being in a long distance relationship. Try listening to her cry, but don't hold her or kiss her, and text her to comfort her, because you're literally 1,000 miles away and that's all you can do. Try seeing her over Skype and only Skype, where sometimes the call drops and the quality isn't great. Or how about planning a trip to go see her? But wait you can't, because you're having financial issues. Try explaining it to your friends, try telling them why they can't meet her. Don't even think of planning dates, because you'll be the only one attending them. Try fighting with distance, that shit isn't easy because you have distance on top of it. Try sleeping alone every night after hearing I love you and cuddling with a stuffed animal that doesn't even do the trick because you know it isn't her. That's the really hard type of relationship.
This is most likely going to come off as snobby and querulous but I just want to be taken pride in. Or something like that. I become so irrationably jealous when I see boyfriends always talking about their girlfriends, bragging about how amazing they are and all that lovey-dovey bullshit. There’s something about territoriality like that, that draws me in. I just want to feel special, like I have some kind of worth, I guess.
In just our underwear, so our skin can touch? Can I hold you while you wrap yourself around me? I’ll play with your hair and drag my fingertips across your skin. I’ll peck at your neck while you giggle and tell me to stop. We could whisper sweet things to each other over pillows that no one could hear. We’d just stare in each others eyes until a smile cracked the silence of our lips…..would you fall in love with me for the night?