- Dad: Relationships are hard.
- Me: Try being in a long distance relationship. Try listening to her cry, but don't hold her or kiss her, and text her to comfort her, because you're literally 1,000 miles away and that's all you can do. Try seeing her over Skype and only Skype, where sometimes the call drops and the quality isn't great. Or how about planning a trip to go see her? But wait you can't, because you're having financial issues. Try explaining it to your friends, try telling them why they can't meet her. Don't even think of planning dates, because you'll be the only one attending them. Try fighting with distance, that shit isn't easy because you have distance on top of it. Try sleeping alone every night after hearing I love you and cuddling with a stuffed animal that doesn't even do the trick because you know it isn't her. That's the really hard type of relationship.
- Dad: I think I'm going to cry.
- Me: Me too.
My goal in life is to visit as many unfamiliar places as I can with the same familiar person.
This is most likely going to come off as snobby and querulous but I just want to be taken pride in. Or something like that. I become so irrationably jealous when I see boyfriends always talking about their girlfriends, bragging about how amazing they are and all that lovey-dovey bullshit. There’s something about territoriality like that, that draws me in. I just want to feel special, like I have some kind of worth, I guess.
- Don’t promise when you’re happy.
- Don’t reply when you’re angry.
- Don’t decide when you’re sad.